EXTRA WORK & LGBT+ PUBLICATION // PRODUCTION 1 BLOG // WEEK 7

Since last trimester, my father who owns his own business has been asking me to re-design his logo and website. This is what it looks like currently:

OLDLOGO

Old Logo

OLD1

Index Page

OLD2

Gallery Page

www.kitchenevolution.com.au/

So far I’ve been working on different variations of logos and have been mocking them up as things that they will use. These are some of the logos I pitched to my Dad.

KitchenEvolutionLogos2

comp

After some conversation, it was clear that my dad and uncle (who run the business together) liked the KE one. However, it is undecided whether they like the front facing K or the backwards one. Working with this, I’ve created some mock up web pages, a t-shirt design and the front of a business card. I will have to wait until Monday night to get some clear feedback from both parties before moving on with the work.

Business Card Front

Tshirt

Web Page - Index Web Page - About

Web Page - Contact Web Page - Gallery

Additionally, this week I pitched my idea for my online publication for the last assignment of the trimester. I’ve come up with the idea to create a publication that explains the differences between sexual identities and gender identities for young people. After my pitch I had one more designer join me with my idea along with two animators. I’m really looking forward to this assignment as I can visualize a lot of ideas for it.

EXTRA WORK & LGBT+ PUBLICATION // PRODUCTION 1 BLOG // WEEK 7

WRAPPING UP // PRODUCTION 1 BLOG // WEEK 6

This week we finished our cultural festival assignment! Our group didn’t realise that we had only a week left so we were left rushing slightly during class on Monday and Tuesday. It all worked out as we finished our assignment on time for Friday. We had some slight hiccups with Steven leaving early on Tuesday and not showing up on Wednesday when we were given some feedback on our brochures.

On the brochures we had to change some of Steven’s collateral as his colours were not matching with the colour scheme. The ticket backgrounds were not matching to the colour of the background of the brochure and it was very obvious after printing.

Screen Shot 2015-11-03 at 11.13.42 am

However, we managed to change the tickets so that they’d match. We also added a light grey border so that the area of the ticket could be seen.

Screen Shot 2015-11-03 at 11.15.53 am

Some other things that were changed last minute was the back page of the brochure and the artistic page as when they printed, the logos came out weird due to them being PNG files. We then had to find alternative versions of the logos and place them in as EPS files.

Screen Shot 2015-11-03 at 11.19.53 am Screen Shot 2015-11-03 at 11.19.46 am

Additionally, I made some slight changes with most of them being spelling adjustments, symbol replacing and page adjustments. I changed my map page from being one page of the brochure so that it would become a spread and delete the ticket information page as it was being repeated on the other pages anyway.

Screen Shot 2015-11-03 at 11.23.48 am

Also, this week my father has asked me to update his company logo. He has had the business for a couple of years now and we both feel the need for it to be updated. He is a cabinet maker alongside my uncle and their company name is “Kitchen Evolution”. I am not sure on what I want the logo to look like yet as this is their current one.

417430_437605466320029_1920633491_n

Given the opportunity I would also love to re-deign their website. It’s hideous.

http://www.kitchenevolution.com.au/ 

WRAPPING UP // PRODUCTION 1 BLOG // WEEK 6